Apps for your product
1) Turn the Dash Cam on
2) Stop it recording
3) Press the Menu Button Twice to enter the Setup Menu.
4) Scroll down to ‘System Info’
5) Look at the Firmware number RXX.XX
It should be on R07.8.
As the 112 does not have Wi-Fi, it is not compatible for mobile app usage. You can use the Replay3 computer app to view files.
The 112 does not have a compatible rear camera. There are two options available to you:
1) I’d recommend using a separate Camera such as the 122 or 222 on the rear windscreen. You will need a separate power supply and SD card as it will not connect to your 112, but can be used as a Camera facing rearwards. The prices are comparable with the Series 2 Rear Cams, and if you’d like to keep using your 112, is the most viable option.
2) If you upgrade to a Series 2 Camera, there are 3 different Series 2 Rear Cameras that are all compatible with the 322GW, 422GW, 522GW and 622GW. Unfortunately the Series 2 Rear Cameras will not work with any other devices apart from the ones I have listed above. These Rear Cams do not require separate powering or SD cards.
Please check that your card is not larger than 32GB and has a minimum Class 10 class.
Please remove the SD card, then press the reset button on the underside of the Dash Cam. Then, without the SD card inserted, please turn on the Camera. Does it now start normally? If so, then the SD card has either failed due or is not compatible for Dash Cam usage.
Updating the camera's firmware manually is a simple process. Please download and follow the below update guide:
We have two types of mounts available; a suction cup or an adhesive mount. The adhesive mount is considerably more durable and less prone to breakage.
If your camera is within 12 months of the purchase date and you provide us with your Proof of Purchase (receipt), we can provide a replacement mount piece free of charge. Please contact our Support Team on email@example.com. We will require your receipt, full name and postal address.
If your product is outside of the 18 months, or if you do not have the purchase receipt, then a replacement can be purchased from the below website:
1) Plug your Dash Cam in. Ensure the cable is plugged directly into the dash cam and NOT via the mount.
2) On the dash cam's screen you'll see a menu of 3 options. Please select 'Mass Storage' on the Dash Cam screen and then OK so that only that displays on the screen.
3) If the dash cam does not appear as a drive on your PC, please press the reset button on the underside of your dash cam and try all the USB ports on your computer.
4) Then the Dash Cam will be visible as a removable drive on your computer. If you go into My Computer (Windows) or Finder (Mac) you will be able to see the Dash Cam listed as a drive, usually called NEXTBASE.
5) Double click on this drive. You should then see nextbase.com, nextbase.info and DCIM.
6) Double click on 'DCIM'. Inside this you'll see a selection of folders. Inside these folders are your photos and footage.
7) You can copy the files onto your PC to save or view them using your computer's media player.
We'd recommend performing a battery test:
1) Take your Dash Cam inside and plug it into mains power or a computer using the Nextbase provided USB cable.
2) Remove the SD card and press the reset button on the underside of the dash cam. Then turn the Dash Cam on. Please turn Parking Mode off and turn Screen Saver off as these could interfere with the test results.
3) Let it charge for 2-3 hours whilst turned off.
4) Unplug the power cable, turn the Dash Cam on and time how long the Dash Cam stays on for. The time it takes for the battery to drain will help us identify the root cause
5) Please remember that after this test your Dash Cam will once again need charging as the battery will be flat.
If the battery lasts for less than 3 minutes, the battery may have reached the end of it's lifespan.
If this is the case, please contact our Support Team and we can explain the options available.
The Series 1 and Series 2 Hard Wire Kits will work with the Series 1 model Cameras. The Series 2 Hard Wire Kit is backwards compatible.